Are there health benefits associated with coffee?
We all know the incredible ability of coffee to provide daily energy. But do you know that coffee has a ton of other great health benefits? Coffee is often given a bad wrap for its potentially detrimental side effects on the human body. But contrary to popular belief, the extensive health benefits of coffee far outweigh any harm that is said to cause. Here are some of the top health benefits of drinking coffee:
1. Coffee contains essential nutrients needed to survive: One cup of coffee contains approximately 11% percent of the daily-recommended dose of Vitamin B2, 6% of recommended does of Vitamin B5, and 3% of the recommended dose of Potassium and Magnesium.
2. Drinking coffee helps burn fat: Coffee is one of the few chemicals that can assist with burning fat due to caffeine’s ability to boost the metabolism.
3. Coffee can help prevent Alzheimer’s, Dementia and other Neurological Disorders: Studies have shown that coffee drinkers reduce their risk of getting Alzheimer’s by up to 65%. Coffee has also been associated with significantly lower incidence of Parkinson’s disease, and can also help control movement in people who suffer from the illness.
4. Coffee can promote great liver health: Drinking coffee daily can reduce the risk of liver cancer by 40% and drinking three cups a day can reduce chances even more. Drinking 4 or more cups of coffee per day can also protect against liver disease cirrhosis.
5. Coffee can help promote great heart health: Evidence has shown that drinking coffee in moderation reduces the risk of heart disease and protects against heart failure in women. Other studies have shown that coffee drinkers are 20% less likely to have a stroke.
6. Coffee can lower the risk of diabetes: Coffee can be helpful in protecting the body against Type 2 diabetes. Coffee increases plasma levels of sex hormone-binding globulin, which plays a role in the development of type 2 diabetes.
7. Coffee can help fight depression: According to a Harvard study, women who drink 4 or more cups of coffee daily have a 20% lower risk of becoming depressed.
8. Coffee can improve physical performance: Coffee naturally increases your levels of adrenaline and releases fatty acids from fatty tissues, leading to increased physical performance for people who drink coffee before working out.
9. Coffee can lower the risk of cancer: Coffee can be protective against both liver and colorectal cancer, decreasing drinker’s risk by at least 40%.
10. Coffee is one of the greatest sources of Antioxidants: According to a study done in 2005, the human body seems to absorb the most antioxidants from consuming coffee – even more than fruits and vegetables. These antioxidants include hydrocinnamic acids and polyphenols, to name a few. Hydrocinnamic acids are very effective at neutralizing free radicals and preventing oxidative stress.